The Ohio State University Men's Glee Club is a diverse organization, and consists of mostly non-music majors. Each year we invite anyone who wishes to audition to come and try out for the oldest organization on campus.
The OSU choral program is comprised of six choirs; all choirs are open to both music majors and non-music majors. Placement in a choir is by audition only.
Auditions are held in rooms 314 and 315 of Weigel Hall (unless otherwise noted). Sign up for an audition time on the choral bulletin board on the first floor of Weigel Hall (across from the elevator). Vocal-music majors must sing a prepared solo.
The Audition Process
Glee Club Auditions take place during the first week of classes in August of each year and are done by apointment only. To schedule an audition for Sping semester 2013 please contact Dr. Robert Ward at (614) 292-4622 or via e-mail email@example.com.
What to Expect
Those auditioning for the Glee Club should be prepared to perform the following:
- Scales and short melodies - to test range and demonstrate voice quality
- Sing an unaccompanied melody - a patriot tune or hymn tune (words provided)
- Melodic retention exercise - sing back short melodic patterns
- Rhythmic exercise - clap or sing rhythmic patterns in common meters
- Sight reading - both rhythms and pitches
- Voice Majors will also need to sing a prepared solo, pianist is provided